Our green print solutions combine expert, strategic advice with eco-friendly technology, easy recycling and changes in user behaviour to help you reduce your waste and energy consumption.
We uphold the ISO 14001 accreditation and partner with the world’s largest WEEE (EU directive on Waste of Electrical and Electronic Equipment) accredited recycling company.
The days of great grey boxes churning out endless streams of paper are gone. Today's clever devices are designed to use less resources at every point in their lifecycle - from manufacturer through their working life - and finally to their disposal.
- We always aim to source products from suppliers with Energy Star or Nordic Swan Eco accreditations. This ensures compliance with the latest international standards for energy excellence
- By rationalising your fleet to fewer but more effective multifunction devices will result in a smaller footprint
- With some newer devices needing 50%1 less energy than the best of five years ago, being green can bring financial benefits too
- Some devices depend on fewer consumables, for example through long-life drums and solid ink processes
- Many devices feature auto on/off systems to ensure they are ready for action in seconds just when you need them, and sleeping when you don't
- Print jobs can be shared across printers to ensure even usage, and redirected to those on standby when the device of choice is busy
We can responsibly recycle your defunct devices via our partnership with the world’s largest WEEE (EU directive on Waste of Electrical and Electronic Equipment) recycling company.
- Recycle the device components themselves
- Destroy all data stored on the printer hard drive
Changing behaviour to reduce waste with software
The print management software we provide can help your staff reconsider and rationalise the way they use print.
- Pull printing means users only pick up printouts when they log in at the printer with a swipe card or PIN. No login, no printout. And no more paper left stacked up by the side of the printer at the end of the day
- Software can monitor how much paper staff are using. This helps encourage more responsible usage and can result in considerably less waste, as well as increased document security
- Print rules can be applied, automatically limiting colour printing, enforcing mono or double-sided printing
- Systems can be set up to prompt the user to consider more efficient ways of printing if they enter a print-intensive document into the printer queue
1 According to figures from Kyocera
Free Carbon Footprint Audit
Take advantage of a free Carbon Footprint Audit to see how greener ways of working can mean leaner operations and higher output too.
- Pull printing reduces wasted time and paper
- Eco-friendly technologies help adapt user behaviour
- Print management software provides visibility
- ISO14001 accredited operations
- Potential for financial savings
- Reduces wasted paper
- Can significantly cut energy consumption
- Helps you to comply with the latest energy standards
- Lowers your carbon footprint
Find out how we transformed Hatch End High School
"Having a fleet of printers that teachers can depend on to do the job has improved the quality of the lesson materials as well as the speed at which they can be prepared."
Hatch End High School Technical Services Manager