“The process of ordering uniform has been made so simple with introduction of the portal. The amount of time it takes to order uniform has been reduced by 80%, confirmation of the order is now received within minutes."
Wayne Eastwood, Building & Front of House Manager, Tascor
- Communications out - print management and design
Tascor is a security organisation which provides custody services to the police, immigration and public sectors within the UK. Tascor is the largest provider of custody services in the UK and governs over 140,000 detainees in police custody every year.
Tascor pride themselves on working in successful partnerships with the Home Office, fire & rescue services and the NHS. They strive to provide innovative, dedicated solutions which bring real demonstrable benefits, while reducing costs and improving efficiency in increasingly challenging and scrutinized environments.
As part of the contract, Tascor requested Capita document & information services (CDIS) to look at their current uniform procurement operations and find efficiencies. The old system relied on lots of paper work and manual processing. A Tascor employee would fill in a order form, email the form to a CDIS Account manager, the CDIS Account manager then has to check the document, decipher illegible handwriting, then reconfirm the order amount and total with Tascor, once done the CDIS Account manager would create an order form for the supplier who will in turn create a PO for our records. Only then was the order fulfilled and delivered to the client.
Our solution was to create a bespoke web based uniform & supplies purchasing system (Self-service portal), which can be accessed via a URL from any device. The portal allows users to:
- Log in securely
- View products and their description
- Check stock levels
- Select type, size and colour from drop down boxes then add to basket via the “add to basket button”
- Review basket, within the basket area Tascor employees
- can select delivery, review their order then click to confirm purchase
- Generate POs, once the purchase is confirmed a PO is
- automatically sent to the supplier who will then fulfill the order
- Run reports, a CDIS Account manager is able to access
- the portal and run reports at any time
- The self-service portal can be accessed from anywhere with any device
- Full end to end tracking and monitoring with customer track and trace full reporting
- All data in a single source, no need for spread sheets, email chains or past invoices
- The account is accessed remotely by Account managers, giving them a single view of what Tascor as a whole is ordering, to better help them stock the correct products and predict trends
- Live stock checker allows both the customer and Account manager to know the current stock quantities
- Viewable products so you can be sure before you order that it's the product you require
- Ability to bundle items, standard uniform order, shirt, tie, trousers and belt
- Multiple user login
- Faster order time
- Improved reporting and data capture
- Improved customer experience
- Complete transparency of data
- Increased productivity
Delivering future efficiencies
Capita continues to support Tascor and its partners and is dedicated to delivering ongoing transformational services.