Co-op Financial Services
“We have already realised a number of improvements, including an improved quality of the letters, which is lasered on using the printers. With each batch, over a day's worth of man hours has been saved as the new printers sort all the forms and place them into each envelope automatically, which has eliminated the risk of human error associated with the formal manual process.”
Mark Ulett, Service Advisor, Maturities
- Communications out - transactional print & mail
- £70,000 per annum
As part of the partnership, Capita were brought in to analyse existing processes, assess client and customer needs, and devise a solution that would increase productivity whilst driving down costs.
Capita worked closely with CIS to plan better ways of doing things. A pilot project was implemented, focusing on the 60,000 pension maturity documents which the organisation produces, prints, packs and posts every year.
Previously, these documents had been printed on oversized A3 paper stock, then cut down to size by hand, before being matched up with the correct inserts. Finally they were prepared for posting.
The entire process was redesigned and transferred to Capita’s secure, automated production facility. The result is a slicker, quicker system producing a more professional product whilst saving the client money in terms of overheads, staff time and office space.
- The production time for each batch of documents has been dramatically reduced from three days to four hours
- All original maturities documents have been carefully redesigned to A4 size, removing the need for A3 paper, printers and manual cutting
- Each document now features a 2D barcode which relates to a specific printing file and contains unique identifier information. The result is that each document is produced right-first-time with the correct contact and account details. It also means the document can be matched up with the right inserts automatically
The initiative has already delivered immediate benefits to the client including:
- Cost savings
Transferring mailings to an external facility is saving c. £70k per year
- Improved brand reputation
The pension maturity documents are now more professional, more consistent, and more speedily received by the end user.
- Enhanced security
A dedicated point-to-point transfer facility now enables rapid, secure and low cost file transfer of data removing the reliance on couriers at proofing stage.
- Less carbon, more space
With no in-house printing or fulfilment requirement for the process, CIS is enjoying more office space and a lowered carbon footprint.
- Significant cost savings
- Dramatically faster production times
- Enhanced brand image
- Improved data security and control
The service provided to Co-op Financial Services was transactional print and mail.