Capita partnered with Brakes to create a fully-managed outsource service, from the point of document collection through to its delivery, via a secure web interface.
- Communications in - data capture
Brakes is a leading food service and equipment supplier in the UK. The organisation makes ½ million product deliveries a month from 36 distribution centres. For Brakes, the efficient management of these transactions is business-critical.
Each consignment generates a POD (proof of delivery) document. That POD then becomes a crucial part of the necessary processes within both the regional depots and central credit control, as well as a valuable piece of evidence should payment be disputed.
The point at which information enters an organisation is when that information should start flowing from workstation to workstation, as automatically as possible. To make that happen, the information needs to be instantly accessible.
Without a digitalised, centralised system in place, Brakes’ was spending unnecessary resources managing a mountain of paperwork. Along the way there were all too many opportunities for the all-important PODs to be delayed and damaged.
After a thorough review, Capita partnered with Brakes to create a comprehensive solution. That solution is a fully-managed outsource service, from the point of document collection through to its delivery, as a fully searchable electronic file, via a secure web interface.
- PODs collected daily from 36 regional distribution centres
- High-volume document scanners capture PODs electronically, then consignment details are recorded at the central Capita processing facility
- Basic metadata created from each document’s barcode is matched against the accounting database. The corresponding entry is located and used to populate the retrieval index
- The image and supporting index is loaded into the web-based system for subsequent user viewing
- After four weeks the processed hard copy is securely destroyed
This partnership is delivering a range of benefits to Brakes including:
- Higher output, lower outgoings
Streamlined operations are improving productivity whilst driving down costs.
- Total, local access to information
All the benefits and none of the risks of having instant access to business information.
- A more agile business
Brakes staff and stakeholders alike are benefitting from Brakes having faster access to customer files.
- Low cost of entry
Significant business benefits resulting from minimal initial investment.
- Fully managed service delivered to agreed service levels
- Users have instant, secure access 24/7 to business-critical information
- Full search functionality
- Reporting function highlights misplaced or lost documents
- Invoice payments take less time as PODs are attached
The service provided to Brakes is Communications in.