“With everything contained in one place, we’re more flexible, more responsive and more efficient – all of which are of paramount importance for a business like ours.”
Robert Stewart, Business Systems Manager
- Workflow & automation - electronic document management
AmicusHorizon is a social housing and services provider covering London and the South of England. It looks after 28,000 homes from 80 office locations. Managing its documentation well is crucial to the smooth running and, ultimately to the success, of the organisation.
AmicusHorizon chose to work with Capita to implement their electronic document management (EDM) solution, Swordfish. The new centralised system provides staff with instant access to information that’s securely held while reducing costs and promoting greater productivity.
The numerous documents generated and held by AmicusHorizon range from tenancy agreements and gas certificates to invoices and general correspondence. In an ideal world each one of them needs to be stored securely and instantly accessible.
As with most social housing organisations, staff often work from different locations but still need access to the documentation of any property, including scanned images, photos, emails and even video.
The new Swordfish EDM system:
- Allows staff to quickly find and open documents from any location
- Optimises the efficiency of document management and workflow processes
- Allows documents to be scanned and indexed
- Allows files such as certificates for gas to be automatically uploaded and instantly accessible
- Ensures evidence is available to show that properties comply with necessary regulations
- Integrates fully with non-Capita back and front office software systems
Robert Stewart, business systems manager at AmicusHorizon, explained some of the benefits: “Having access to all our information in this way helps our customer service team answer tenant queries accurately and immediately – and that’s our main aim.”
This partnership is delivering a range of benefits to AmicusHorizon including:
- Improved access to information
Staff have instant access to the most up-to-date information, wherever they are, allowing them to deal with accurate customer and property queries efficiently and effectively.
- Increased efficiency
Staff can give faster and more accurate answers to tenants’ queries.
- Cost savings
Staff spend less time handling documentation, and the costs associated with paper-based systems and storage have also decreased.
- Future proofing against the unknown
By moving from paper-based storage to electronic, business continuity is immediately improved by reducing the risk of loss that can be caused by disasters such as fire and flooding.
- Ensures legal compliance
Inspection and safety certificates from external suppliers are securely stored and managed.
- Centralised EDM system accessible via the core housing management and CRM systems, or direct from the Capita browser
- 3 million documents stored securely whilst remaining instantly and easily accessible
- From a scanned image to a spreadsheet, an email to a voice file – every file format is uploaded to the right property file
- Improved green credentials
The service provided to AmicusHorizon was Workflow & automation.